Diabetes Information

This is a diabetes blog. It introduces diabetes information such as the symptoms of diabetes; the types of diabetes; diabetes supply; diabetes diet; diabetes care; diabetes treatment; diabetes diagnosis; diabetes mellitus and diabetes tests etc. The diabetes knowledge on this site comes from the medical books, medical research papers, American Diabetes Association and other reliable sources. Wish you all have a good health!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Diabetes symptoms

Diabetes often goes undiagnosed because many of its symptoms seem so harmless. It may begin gradually and can be hard to identify at first.

Recent studies indicate that the early detection of diabetes symptoms and treatment can decrease the chance of developing the complications of diabetes.

Some diabetes symptoms include:


1. Frequent urination
2. Excessive thirst
3. Extreme hunger
4. Unusual weight loss
5. Increased fatigue
6. Irritability
7. Blurry vision
8. Slow healing of skin
9. Gum and urinary tract infections
10. Women may notice genital itching

If you have one or more of these diabetes symptoms, see your doctor right away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have noticed that I am very sensative to blood sugar highs and lows. If I eat a higher protein diet, I do much better. However, one of the symptoms listed here is unusual weight loss. I always thought that diabetes was caused by and then contributed to weight gain. I fight my weight all the time and if I let it go, my blood sugar fluctuations get much worse. Do you think I have need for concern?

September 09, 2006 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Nicole.lascurain@healthline.com said...

Hi,

First off, I came across your site and wanted to say thanks for providing a great diabetes resource to the community.

This hilarious list, 29 Things Only a Person with Diabetes Would Understand, has really resonated with our followers because it provides emotional support and understanding in a comical way, and I thought you might enjoy it as well: http://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes/would-understand

Naturally, I’d be delighted if you share this list on http://1diabetesinfo.blogspot.com/2006/09/diabetes-symptoms.html , and/or on social , especially because they could really relate. Either way, keep up the great work !

All the best,

Nicole Lascurain | Assistant Marketing Manager
p: 415-281-3100 | e: nicole.lascurain@healthline.com

Healthline
660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
www.healthline.com | @Healthline

January 29, 2016 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home